Living With Cancer? The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is Improving Lives and Giving Hope


The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) strongly supports finding a cure for leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, while improving the lives of those living with cancer. As a cancer survivor, I know firsthand how difficult living with cancer can be. I have personally benefited from the many patient services the LLS offers, such as, support groups, financial support, information on the latest news in treatment, free materials, and patient education programs.
The LLS has helped make my first year going through this life changing event, a little less challenging. I have been able to take part in a monthly support group and be among others going through the same thing, sort through my feelings, and learn coping techniques like guided imagery, and art therapy. I receive financial support to help with my on-going additional medical expenses. I have found the LLS website to be an outstanding resource with a multitude of valuable information and resources. And I have been fortunate enough to take part in a patient education program on employee work related issues and understanding your rights, along with, a cooking class on eating healthy.
The greatest benefit for me would be a chemotherapy drug I take called, Gleevec. It is a targeted drug that I take orally on a daily basis. It is specifically for those with Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) and has had remarkable success in achieving remission for many patients. This treatment would not have been possible without the LLS's support of research towards creating new drugs for leukemia and related diseases.
In addition to all of the benefits I've received from the LLS, they've made it possible for me to give back to the community. Earlier this year, I was featured in a newspaper article where I was given the opportunity to share my diagnosis, treatment, and outlook on life, with hopes of being able to help someone else newly diagnosed. I was also asked to take part in a special project sponsored in part by the James Cancer Hospital and The Ohio State University Department of Theater. This past October, I was able to raise over $300 for the society and walked in the Light the Night Walk annual fundraiser.
The LLS has played a critical part in my recovery, thus far, and I look forward to any new and creative patient service programs that the LLS may have to offer in the near future. If you or a loved one are living with cancer and looking for support, I strongly urge you to look into the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It could be life-changing.
I am a new freelance writer with over eight years of professional experience working in a pension system. I also have a gift and passion for writing, therefore; I have decided to utilize my talent and begin a career as a freelance writer. I have a B.S. in Business Administration, and enjoy writing articles, business and marketing plans, term papers, resumes, training manuals, speeches, monologues, and playbill bios.


For Further Reading,
 

Popular Posts

Popular Posts On EAB

Man Behind This Blog

Add to Technorati Favorites